View Single Post
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
I was DM-ing a game around October, two people had irregular schedules which made it hard to commit to the campaign.

One friend doesn't like being handled or blocked from actions, he was also the one allowing the campaign to be hosted at his house and I have a sneaky suspicion he simply didn't like the campaign because I didn't let him do all these crazy huge power-moves.
Then I had one friend who couldn't break out of his DnD anti-social bubble and stayed pretty aloof the whole campaign. What's worse is that if half of the group couldn't make it, we just shelved the game for the next week. Needless to say after numerous delays because of scheduling we just stopped meeting and haven't said a word to each other about the campaign since.

It's hard finding a group that is consistent and willing to commit. DM-ing is a lot of work because, besides the creativity, it's managing a group and maintaining strong communication with everyone.

My friend also had a great analogy about making worlds/huge stories in mind, it's like being a parent buying a super cool/expensive toy and the kids ignore the toy and have more fun with the box & packing peanuts. You find more success in making things up on the spot and just let things happen.

Last edited by Illusion; 01-28-2019 at 01:49 AM.
Old Posted 01-28-2019, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote