View Single Post
Queen of Quesaria

[top]The Report System and You

As you spend time on Trisphee, you may run across something that is in the wrong place or that violates Trisphee's Rules and Guidelines or Terms of Service.

Where can I find the report button?
Reporting something is a simple process! On posts, the report button () is right next to the quote / multi-quote option. It's harder to find on private messages, but it appears right above the name when you read one.

So, how do I report a thread, post, or private message?
To report a post: simply click on the report button on the post you want to report. Enter the reason you're reporting the post and be as clear and concise as possible. Once you're finished, click the submit button.

To report a thread: simply report the first post and explain in the reason why the thread needs to be reported. Again, please be as clear and concise as possible. When finished, hit the submit button to send the report.

To report a PM: simply click on the report button while in the PM you're reporting. Enter an explanation and hit submit to send a report.
What about profile comments?
Profile comments are a little different, as they don't have a report icon like the others. Instead, it's just a text link that goes to the same report page. You can find it next to the 'View Conversation' link.

What does the report screen look like?
The screens all look similar, with minor differences. To see them in full, please click on the smaller images below:

What happens after I submit my report?
After you submit your report, it is sent to the assigned moderators (if it was a post or thread) or sent to all moderators if it was a profile comment or private message. From there, staff can review the report and take action if necessary.

* Keep in mind that just because you do not receive a reply that says they handled your report doesn't mean they haven't handled it. Moderator actions are private and between the user and the moderator.
What if I'm unsure whether or not this should be reported?
If you're unsure as to whether or not something should be reported, you can send a PM to any moderator or admin. We will get back to you and let you know.

Can I post an issue on a staff member's profile comments?
Absolutely not. Profile comments are not for staff-related business and should not be used for such. If you need to involve a moderator in something, send them a PM instead.

Who can I report things to?
All staff on Trisphee have the ability to moderate, but they do so only in emergencies. Please report issues via the report system or send a private message to a moderator. If the issue needs the involvement of another group, it will be brought to their attention.

What if I have a problem with a moderator or member of staff?
If you have a problem with a member of staff, please bring it to the attention of an admin. They will handle the report and pass it on higher if need be.

Should I tell people that I've reported them?
When you report a user, you should then let the issue drop. If you need to add them to your ignorelist, then do so. Telling a user that they have been reported only leads to more conflict and does nothing to solve the problem.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 09:00 PM