View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #813  
Yeah, it looks a little intimidating and complicated at first. Once you master the basics though, everything gets easier to figure out.
I mean, I started learning because it looked easy and one of my friends needed help making scarves for her friends for Christmas. And she basically gave me just the basic instructions on one stitch, but not how to finish them or anything. Had to learn everything else on my own and from youtube and websites.
That was about 8-ish years ago I think...but other than a few shitty scarves, I hadn't really started getting into making things until about 5-6 years ago. My main project for a while was fingerless gloves because they're super easy and quick. I briefly got into lacy stule slouch hats, but other than 3 fo myself and maybe 2 others that I am still hoping to sell, I didn't really stick with those. I keep meaning to make socks, but have never managed to make a full pair yet although I've made 2 separate toeless socks for myself for lounging at home (technically one was part of a full pair, but I did the bind off too tight and the yarn broke and it all started to unravel so I threw it out) and now my main focus is stuffed animals. And also blankets even though they take forever to make and require a crap-ton of yarn. Hey! Maybe I should make a "scrap" blanket using a bunch of my random skeins (and half-skeins) of yarn! A good way to stash bust although I really would need another blanket loom for that because I already have plans for my one once I finish the mermaid blanket for myself.
And now I'm babbling. XD
Old Posted 07-16-2017, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote