View Single Post
Truthwatcher
I think I never really picked up on art because my older sister got all the art praise and just generally introduced to it and stuff from a young age. Ex: my dad used to do a lot of art before he had us kids, but since my sister was the first kif and he still could kind of paint, when she was old enough, he would give her a canvas and some paint to play with, but then when I came along, 2 small kids was too much, so he didn't have time to do art. And in middle school, my sister for her 8th grade art project (it was always the same project every year, we had to draw a playing card, kind of like a face card where the top and bottom halves are mirrored) did a queen of spades on one half and jack of diamonds (which is a pinochle in the card game of the same name) on the other all freehand. I think it's still hanging up in the living room. For my project, after dozens of failed ideas, I just did the cat from the comic strip Rose is Rose. It hung in my bedroom until I graduated. It's probably been thrown out by now.

So now I get really discouraged when I'm not instantly good at drawing. It's cool though, I found other skills that I'm pretty good at.
Old Posted 03-20-2019, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote