View Single Post
Poconut Overlord
Yeah the story is mostly a cover for events so there's an explainable purpose to them. But I never really feel a part of it all. Granted most people will honestly want the items more than to feel an attachment to the story. Yet I've noticed how much effort gets put into them and...yeah if they're trying to get me into it...it's not working for me. =x I've felt more immersed in the world of Gaia even before zOMG and reading the comics (which was a great tool enough).

I think what made Gaia an easy world to enter was the user's connection to the NPCs. They said hi to me by name and seemed happy to see me (lame reason isn't it? xD; ). They sometimes spoke in the announcements and told the story of what was going on in their own bias. It wasn't really a whole narration either so I didn't have to put effort into understanding what was going on as if there is an absolute to worry about. You would know some things with certainity but quite a bit was of opinion.

One of the characters I maintained an attachment to most was Timmy. Everything about his story was so tragic- I hate Dr. Singh. And my interaction with them was reading dialogue in their announcements for new evolving items.

So in short they should focus less on narration as they creates an illusion of absolutes, which is a bother for me cause I feel like i"m stepping on a plot or world setting I shouldn't be changing (even accidentally). And last, but most importantly, a connection to the characters.
Old Posted 08-13-2011, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote