View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo View Post
Have you considered an online or email penpal? Or have you decided that it must be snail mail?
It has to be snail-mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Our friend Boris here loves him some nice real pens. There's a certain je ne sais quoi about actual letter-writing that email doesn't really imitate.
Coda, you remembered. Kind of surprised, to be honest! You're right about receiving an actual hand-written letter that gives of that feeling getting a message or e-mail doesn't give. It's like a short burst, but actual letters written by hand feels so much more... I don't know the feeling, but it's something I enjoy feeling. Also, snail-mail also gives me an excuse to use me fountain pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I used to have penpals...because WAY back on Menewsha I started a snail mail group (which probably broke at least one rule there tbh). Most people only wrote maybe one or two letters, but a few lasted for at least a year (and one even lasted off and on for I think 5 or more) it was fun and I kind of miss it.

I did, admittedly, in my younger, more foolish years attempt to write to inmates. I doubt they'd try to scam you into doing anything illegal, but they all seem to have the same "I'm innocent" and "I have big plans for when I get out" and "send me a pic?" type topics of conversation. I suspect they're looking for hot, gullible females to be their girlfriends for the most part.
That's awesome how you started a group, though it's a bummer your pen pals stopped writing. I haven't had a pen pal that wrote back and forth for five years, so that's super awesome!

As for the inmates, It's great you're okay and haven't been... well, ya know... because that would be terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayua View Post
I wouldn't mind another one. My friend in Germany stop writing to me, I think I was too slow at the time with her bc of covid and I work in a pharmacy.
Ouch! Well, I hope she's alright. It'd be neat to have a new pen pal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Last edited by Boris; 06-11-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old Posted 06-11-2022, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote