View Single Post
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #59  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
RESEARCH!!! :D

I'm writing a paper arguing for the digital preservation of video games in their playable state. One of the "pro" sides was going to be games as a representation of culture and history, so I was going to look at Never Alone and put some time in it so I could speak to atmosphere and such (the same apparently has an ongoing narrative in Inupiat). I also have a paper on Civilization 5 as representative of history but I haven't look at it yet. I'm still working out my points.

Since things like user made content and modding come up in talks about game preservation, I can bring in Skyrim and such as well.

I also thought of Metroid as being of note regarding preservation efforts, for the famous Samus reveal. That I am not personally familiar with but is does say a little that I know of it.
That sounds super cool! You know if you need more examples of preservation of culture there are some horror video games you can look at as well, like DreadOut and the new game Detention which look at horror in the setting of Indonesian and Taiwanese culture respectively. I wish you good luck on your paper I bet it will make a really good read. :)
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4
Gained Obsequiousity Double Damage
Distance from Pomona is now -2000

^^Thank you Isis, my chibi self is BEYOND adorable!^^
Old Posted 10-20-2017, 08:25 AM Reply With Quote