View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #31  
HannaBelle laughed a little. “Yeah… I think the magic in the ink and my own magic thought so as well…” HannaBelle was still blushing a bit when the other mentioned it might be Karla’s magic that her tattoo reacted to. “Maybe… but it would have acted up when we first met then… just before you hid your aura… heck the fog should have tipped it off right away…. But you really never know for sure with most magic like the thing on my hip.” The red head absently rubbed her hip as they paused for silence.

A smile filling HannaBelle’s face at the paper bird. “I could only even managed to make paper frogs… or cats… everything else tending to crumple or burn… it’s nice to see that the art of paper folding is still strong.” It was a half joke but the smile was all real.

“Hmmmm sorceress level magic is pretty up there… so not a lot go for it now...not when money can buy a item or potion that artificially boosts your magic for a while...If people knew what went into a magic boost potion… they’d avoid it.. As they have to drink the thing….” HannaBelle said just before their food arrived. The smell of the chicken and pasta was just as she remembered it and it helped to relax the red headed witch.

“Blood like that…. Can be dangerous...do people ever come after you to try and get your blood?” HannaBelle found herself asking, again with that tone and look of pure curiosity. A bright blush overcoming her pale face when Karla flirted with her, no one outside her family had been this nice ot her in years… and even then it had been a human friend that she’d known since diapers… sadly that human girl was no longer among the living.

“Fate is fickle and tends to not favor many….my mentor told me that once… after she fell down and broke her hip… she found it funny… nearly scared me to death.” HannaBelle pushed some of her framing bangs to the side as the pair of girls continued to eat their food. “What did you have in mind?” HannaBelle found herself asking after a sip of her wine.
-------------
“Wouldn't be the first time i’ve been called a dog, no worries” Oliver flashed a flirtatious and bright grin again. Not as strong as it had been that night in the pub but still genuine.

Oliver quickly wrote down his number and gently placed it in Ryan’s hand. “Get rest… lots of it...I’ll come by tomorrow to see ya too.” Again the shifter was ginning, his hands warm around Ryan’s before Oliver left.

His mother sniffed around him like a concerned cat, her hair twitching as she held back her ears popping out when she smelt a human hospital on him. “Oliver Dean Ichabod McDool you better tell me where you have been right no.” The older women’s tone held no room for arguments… and Oliver told as much as he could without actually telling his mum about the strange girl… mostly just finding blood close to campus and following it… then finding a hurt human.

“I couldn't well just leave him to die….” Oliver’s mother sighed but she patted her son’s arm.

“Well go wash that sterile stink off you… before your father gets home… you know how he feels about HUMAN hospitals…” The women left Oliver to it and the wolf shifter sighed to himself, he hated lying to his family… but he had a feeling that Karla didn’t want word to spread about her just yet.
--------------
By the time HannaBelle had finished her meal the owners of the Italian restaurant had seen her and had come over to make conversation, asking about her parents and her grandmother, she said both were doing well, and she accepted the small gift of rosemary in a homemade cloth pouch, she looked a bit uncomfortable doing so but hey, people gave things like this to Granny Tamick all the time, and to HannaBelle after they had found out who’s student she was… it was one way to keep your ingredients stocked up on...and she never took anything that seemed to not be offered freely.

The sun had well set, leaving the city in a dark yet bright scheme of light and colors a clubs and the center of the city lit up like a firework or a christmas tree.
Old Posted 06-20-2018, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote