View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #5  
“Well, Fikri knows quite a bit jes' from watchin' me. Ah wonder if ah can train the lad t' 'elp out,” Rosalind said simply. The idea of having a second pilot was tantalizing. She'd get rest and paid. Shit, they could even hire a third pilot and allow for actual days of rest. Soon, her eyes followed Riola's and she gave a low whistle. “Looks like she's gonna experience some shit. Ah think et's not our business...they know where the ship is t'find us, right?” The sleep-deprived side of her was showing through. Thoughts of sleep permeated through her body, and she was starting to get tunnel-vision.

Sleep Mode: Engaged.

Magali took the glass, color rising to her cheeks, “Thank you but...shouldn't you be getting water in your system too?” She was still attuned to slavery, memories of a beaten and bloodied Nokra returning all too fresh in her mind. She'd always worried for him then. Her job wasn't fun, but Nokra's was simply dangerous. He risked death every time he was forced to fight. “But she hasn't done anything like that to us. She never hurt me...” Her ears drooped as she saw the terrified blue-haired woman shrink against the bar. “I hope she makes it...”

Fikri took Nokra's threat and dropped it, only to roll his eyes and turning to see the shit that Ashi was in. At this point, she would have been better off in Tysix, Daowei, or literally anywhere but here. “So...we have a choice. Get to the ship and rest, I can show you to your rooms...or we sit through what will probably end up as a murder and whatever after effects that might entail. Which do you choose?”

Mendez placed his hands over one of her pairs and sighed content. This was probably the closest they'd come to a cuddle since they'd met; he was going to enjoy it. “Yeah, Atrix. Kitty boy makes a good point. Which do you wanna do, amiga?”

The second the electrical prod hit Shaldag, Ashi cried out, jumping up from her stool immediately, then thinking better of getting between the rod and him. The chances of Hyun being even more upset would heighten exponentially, and that was something Ashi was not willing to test. Instead, she gasped and winced again as it once again went into her friend. She assumed that that was the same punishment that awaited her.

Ashi gulped, slamming the rest of the drink and motioning for another. A shaking hand spilled the top of the drink on the floor, but soon, that drink was gone too. She attempted a smile but the result was little more one corner of her lips rising every so slightly.
Old Posted 09-11-2017, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote