View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #23  
this threads existence, I shall break my own rules and add two in a row! *gasp* but it's a different medium of game so I'll say that it's sorta okay. ;)

18. Fury of Dracula - (board game) Fantasy Flight Games (remake)

The original was by Games Workshop and I haven't played it, but I loved this version but have only played it once. Like Talisman t's a game for people in for a long haul, with sessions taking several hours to get through. Experience with tabletop games is useful as the rulebook is pretty large and fairly detailed.

Essentially, the game involves 5 people or fewer. The characters (each from the book) and Dracula. One person plays Dracula and effectively guides the game, while the other players run the characters and try to catch him. Dracula's movements are made in secret, and planned a few steps in advance, while clues drop that hint to the players where he may be.

While the players are trying to kill Dracula, Dracula is also trying to kill them. I like this game over some other guided RPG-like board games because the "GM" has a legitimate character to play, rather than just running encounters. Movement rules, day and night cycles, and character abilities make for a lot of strategy behind the game play. Again though, it's not a short game.
Old Posted 10-28-2015, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote