View Single Post
Seeker of Souls
13)The Star Ocean Series

Namely, out of them, I've played 'Star Ocean: The Second Story' and "Star Ocean: Til The End of Time" all the way through. Although I did play a bit of the new Star Ocean, "The Last Hope". I can pretty much say this series is one of the best I have so far.
Since my favorite one is 'Til The End of Time', it'd be easier for me to tell about that one. XD
But as for it, it's for the Playstation 2. It's in my personal top 5 games. xD I've played it countless times. Even going on challenge runs such as 'Use 'X' Character Only' or such.
I love the game's battle system, through and through. It's free-time based, you can run around, dodge attacks, set up yourself for a nice position to attack, etc. There's weak/strong attacks, where weak is fast, but weaker, and strong is slow, but can break guards. You can have up to four moves, a weak/short range, a weak/long range, and then short and long range for the strong attack button. The awesome thing about it is the ability to 'chain' moves together by using them back-to-back. Say, you had a kick that sends enemies into the air as a weak move, then you have a 'Triple Kick' that kicks them while they're in the air twice, then the final kick sends them sprawling back. If you do one right after the other, it gets a 50% bonus in power. It keeps going up and up til it gets to 300%. With quite a few unique moves for each character and like. 10-12 characters I believe, it's really fun just trying out new move combos on each one. x3

But that's just the battle system. XD Since it's my favorite part,I figured I'd just list that. If I realllly went into the finer parts of the game, I'd be here forever. XD Like, I can go on. Seriously.
But yeah. It's at least worth a try. x3 It's really fun.
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote