View Single Post
wonderful & strange
Default Where did it go?!?! D:   #1  

I got off of work about an hour ago and decided to stop at Hardees on the way home. I don't feel like cooking.

When I arrived, I drug myself up the tall, narrow staircase to my room in the attic.
It's a fairly nice room save for some chipping paint on the ceiling. When we first moved in it made me endlessly paranoid about spiders and such.. but in time that subsided.

I switched out of my uniform and sat down on the floor next to my bed to eat and check my Facebook- nothing unusual.
Then I noticed movement in my peripheral vision.

Slowly descending from my ceiling was a harbinger of doom and weaver of fears. A big brown spider.
Curly fries in hand, I watched as it made it's slow descent to my nightstand, and from that to my bed.

"OH HECK NO-"
I panicked and grabbed for the closest thing to me that I could handle getting spider entrails on; a flimsy cardboard spool of ribbon and whacked it.

Afterwards I deemed it necessary to find the remains to confirm the kill and give myself a piece of mind.
What I found was NOTHING!
I moved my bed, shown an LED flashlight across my carpet: still nothing.

I wonder if it managed to crawl away..
Maybe it will bring back reinforcements..
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP IN MY BED NOW? MY SAFE HAVEN HAS BEEN VIOLATED BY THIS ALIEN CREATURE!

.::.:*:.::.
Things to discuss: Bugs, insects, arachnids, whatever.
Love them? Hate them? Opinions? Irrational fears?

"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who couldn't hear the music."
Last edited by Lanfear; 04-12-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Making it purty.
Old Posted 04-12-2013, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote