Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #2295  
I hate that about so much of the world these days... It's like people don't realize that you can listen to someone without being compelled to agree with them.

It's also like people have forgotten the proverb, "a stopped clock is right twice a day." Even people who are perpetually wrong can occasionally have a good point.

On a related note, I had what I thought was a pretty mild disagreement with someone. The channel was discussing a YouTuber, and he jumped in and dropped a link to a Reddit thread about how that YouTuber is supposedly a bad person. I looked at it and the thread was about a different YouTuber who had cut ties with him and said he wasn't going to go into detail. The comments were almost all talking about how he'd stood up for a white supremacist, except that the white supremacist in question had realized the error of his ways three years prior -- that guy had made friends he didn't realize were Jewish and he realized his own life experiences proved that the propaganda hole he'd fallen into was a lie, so he made an apology and hasn't reoffended since.

I pointed this out and expressed that I thought the YouTuber in question wasn't a bad guy. Just one message. In response, the chatter who linked the thread left the server, and he and his boyfriend pulled out of all of the community projects, including abandoning the main project's domain name that they had been running.

Now one of the project founders has put $500 in escrow to try to recover the domain name... I don't understand how some people can be so easily upset to the point of doing damage to the community in a rage-quit.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the domain name is expired, not cancelled, so maybe that part was a coincidence...
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-27-2023, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote