View Single Post
Truthwatcher
I hate when my boss lies. Got a text last night asking me to come in early today to do dishes from a rental last night. Her words on the quantity of dishes: "not too many".

That was a bald-faced lie. Not too many, my ass. I did 2 AND A HALF trays of just dinner plates. There was so much silverware that I just gave it a quick rinse to get the bigger food particles off them (because our "dishwasher" is actually meant for sanitizing, not washing) and dumped them all in the flat tray.
Like...the quantity of dishes isn't going to impact whether I agree to come in or not, so just be honest and say "we had a pretty big rental, could you come in early?" I'd probably still have said yes. Not that I get any respect here. The artists and renters give me more heartfelt thank yous than my boss does... >.>
At least my cleaning now is (hopefully) limited to the occasional helping out and she doesn't try to make this a permanent thing. Because I already quit janitorial and doing dishes sure as hell isn't in the front desk/gift shop employee manual.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 03-27-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old Posted 03-27-2021, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote