View Single Post
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
also, having to explain why trans people hate cis people as a social class with limited vocabulary and words. it's frustrating. i know something's not working right here, and i hate being self-aware of my shit.
If it helps you put words to your thoughts: It's an understandable reaction to what feels like systematic othering from the dominant social group.

Rationally, it should be obvious that most trans people don't hate all cis people as a rule, which is probably one of the things that's getting you caught up when you try to express it. But it takes a lot of words and conditions to express the things that really upset trans people, and the common thread among all of the complaints is that it always involves cis people. So it only stands to reason that someone that's upset about something that's complicated to talk about will use a shorter, more impactful way of getting the point across.

A different way of looking at it: It's not so much that trans people hate cis people as it is that we hate that the world divides people into those two groups and treats them differently because of it. We don't hate cis people (as people), we hate "cis people" (as a concept used to discriminate us from them).
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-18-2019, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote