View Single Post
Heavenly Angel
Exclamation Ethnic Profiling (I Need Your Helps)   #1  
Quote:
Below is my essay that I wrote last night for my English class today. It is really important and I must type it today at school or else he wouldn't accept it. I'm not anywhere good at essay or anything that's why I'm here and I really need your help to make it look better and more complete. I did do my best and I hope it make some sense when you're reading it. Please feel free to fix anything you see unfit and move stuff around for me.
Ethnic Profiling by Panda

Ethnic profiling comes in all shapes, sizes, forms, and they are all disgusting. Innocent citizens are being pull over and ask many questions because of the way they dress and their ethnicity. People are being treated badly because they look a certain way and because they don't have the look of what one may consider being perfect. Ethnic profiling is everywhere and many have suffered from it and many got hurt physically and emotionally.

People tend to think of someone as a whole when it come to judging someone by their race and ethnicity instead of being an individual. To stop ethnic profiling or lower it down everyone need to be educated and learn more about other race. When you're assuming something that isn't true about a person, it is just wrong. I'm Cambodian and many people and friends they always think I am Chinese or other Asian that they see on television, internet, and other media related. Just because one maybe Asian, Hispanic, or black, doesn't mean that they know how to do karate, move their hip, or shake their butt during a party and all that. "No people of color are safe from this treatment anywhere, regardless of their obedience to the law, their age, the type of car they drive, or their station in life," ACLU in a report called.

Everyone should be able to dress and act however they want and be able to express who they are without someone judging over them.There are many innocent people out there who are being humiliated because they look like a gang member. All of this need to stop because it is just wrong and you need to look more into a person before you start making false judgment about them. Ethnic profiling is the same as judging a book by its cover. Everyone are different and should be look at as an individual rather than as a whole. Ethnic profiling occur when a person have low education and have a closed mind. When you have high education you will be able to tell the differences between each individual and if you have an open mind you will be able to give that person a chance to prove who they are and what their life is like.

If everyone get to know one another there will be less or not ethnic profiling. When you get to know someone well you will be able to know who they are, what they like to do, what is special about them. Not everyone are the same, each person is unique in their own way. Don't let race and color blind you. Your ethnic is only something to represent what race you are and where you are from. It doesn't describe if you are tall, short, like to play basketball, funny, shy, immature, or gay.

Ethnic profiling is mostly from the media world such as television, T.V shows, movies, music, commercials, newspaper, and the internet. When you read or watch something about a person of a certain race you're automatically make a judgment about that certain race. Most of the thing on T.V and the internet are over exaggerating. Just because someone is Asian it doesn't make them Chinese. They can be Indian, Filipino, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laos, Thai, Korean, or even Mongolian.
Old Posted 10-15-2010, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote