View Single Post
It Won't Stop
Default   #3  
Lol. No. Time isn't the only factor in things like this. Consider, in the USA where all of those replacements are being used, there is also a higher number of people with money to spend on art. In my area, there are several shops doing quite well for themselves, buying art from local artists to then be resold to customers, allowing said artist to earn while a buyer is found. There are ample programs available for people to learn new crafts. In fact, there are more resources and more ways to get yourself out there than ever before. What you have to realize is that art has never been a traditional method of work, and never will be. Artists have to adapt to survive, but in this day and age, anyone has that chance. Artists aren't stuck in place because no one in the village is interested in trivialities like pretty pictures. In fact, cities themselves often commission artists. Same for museums, hospitals, local businesses. There are sites like this, and not like this, and countless games that reply on artists and writers. There are illustrators still needed for books — and if you try to argue that books and writing are dying out, too, you're wrong. I won't even go through how wrong that is. I literally cannot enter a room, any room in any building, and find nothing that had no artistic aspect to it. Hell, I can't even go downtown without seeing art somewhere along the street. If anything, art is so ingrained in our society that it isn't dying out, people are just noticing it less.

Also, please don't bump. Not only is it against the rules, but this was posted less than 12 hours before you did so.

Old Posted 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote