Thread: Tetris
View Single Post
Developer
Actual mahjong, or mahjong solitaire? They're completely different games that are played with the same pieces (sort of like comparing poker to klondike solitaire).

My son and I were just playing Puyo Puyo Tetris. It was a surprisingly even match-up -- he's better at Puyo Puyo than I am, but I'm better at Tetris than he is. In versus mode, I kick his butt: I'm better at Tetris than he is at Puyo Puyo, and the game balance between the two modes isn't calibrated for people with my Tetris skill level (a fast Tetris player can unload a lot of damage in a big hurry, but a fast Puyo Puyo player is constrained by the speed of the animations).

But in Swap mode? THAT got interesting. I'm good enough at Puyo Puyo and he's good enough at Tetris that it doesn't come down to the coin flip of the game mode to determine who wins.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-14-2019, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote