View Single Post
Icy Footed
I haven't had any paranormal experiences where I've actually seen something move or witnessed an apparition, or anything. My only really eerie experiences involved only noises, chills and just a feeling.

Once I was visiting the town of Calico, which is now a ghost town tourist place and historical landmark, and when I crossed the bridge over to the old schoolhouse, I couldn't help but feel a particular child seat that was very cold. I didn't think much of it until I came back to the seat a minute later and it wasn't cold anymore.

There's a mine shaft in the town too, that is very dark and creepy looking when you walk through it, and it is understandably cold because it's below ground and completely closed off from the sun and wind, with only a little electric light down there. o~o I heard something walking through like distant explosions or pounding, and I couldn't pinpoint the sound. I thought something above ground was happening, like a firework. It was just a sound, like, 'BOUM..BOUM BOUM POH' but distant. It was deep and I was sure I heard it. My dad and brother heard it too, though my dad thought it could have been some big rocks falling on the opposite side of the hill. But when I exit the mining shaft to see, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I looked around for any speakers that might recrate sounds from inside the mining shaft, but there were only the electric lights and pick axes, old lamps and mine carts displayed around the tunnels, along with a gift shop at one end. 0n0 I didn't know what I heard, but I didn't hear it again. But there are signs posted around Calico's rocky, caved corners that display both rattlesnake dangers, and Do Not Enter signs I hadn't seen before, which notified visitors of Dynamite hazards beyond the fences...likely because old dynamite was still down there in the rocks and collapsed shafts. There wasn't anyone fooling around or any explosions, but I thought that maybe that's what I heard down in the tunnels. :{ A ghostly dynamite explosion. I don't know. It could have just been rocks but, >->; ...hm.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote