View Single Post
Developer
Default   #3  
Reuniclus was great when he was released, yeah. I think the main reason he didn't stick around as being noteworthy (aside from not being catchable in G6 or G7) is because there are a ton of good Psychic-types out there and Reuniclus doesn't have anything special to make it stand out.

Taken from a different perspective, there are a few Pokemon that I really WANT to like that just aren't good enough.

I've always loved Flareon, but he was just AWFUL until Gen 4 due to being a physical fire type. Gen 4 introduced physical fire moves, but at the same time introduced Infernape that is just better in every possible way.

Or there's Exploud. Fun design, unique moves... but he's just not strong enough to actually do anything with. A waste of a perfectly good idea.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-05-2019, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote