View Single Post
nostalgic
Default   #229  
“Adversus Solem Ne Loquitor, Berserker,” Mr. Kite snapped back internally. The Spirit seemed unwilling to let a conversation in any language slip by without a jab or dismissal at his expense. His pride demanded he fight it, but his reason overshadowed that inclination. Despite their mutual animosity, they were allies in this battle and there was nothing either could do to change that. So he simply took a quiet, deep breathe and ignored the nagging feeling that told him she had mistaken his caution for cowardice.

As much as I’d love nothing less than to rip his spine out, you’re right. The Executor can wait. I’d take no joy in letting another end fanatically arrogant existance, but if that is how the cards fall, it’ll be a small blessing from his imaginary Lord.

Mr. Kite eyed the young woman Berserker suggested. She was the one he had seen ride in on the motorcycle with the Fine Arts Major, who was now certain was her Servant. She looked easy enough to eviscerate, but the painter was an unknown element. Failure to grasp his capabilities could mean an early end for the Blood Mage.

How wonderfully convenient it would be if that had been Rider… Knowing his class would at least allow for easier strategizing, but I doubt it’s quite that simple.

Mr. Kite wanted to poke several holes in Berserker's “I’m a strong, independant buccaneer and I don’t need no man!” but something occurred to him as she waved her translucent, nonexistent dick about that was far more appealing. He could glean information by draining the mana of others through their blood, so why wouldn’t a straight transfer work just as well? He’d no longer have to deal with the profound inconvenience of not understanding her abilities nor her gripes regarding that fact.

Doing his best to appear relaxed and casual as they all awaited Ruler’s arrival, he closed his eyes and began to drink back some of the mana he was feeding his Servant. He made sure not to deprive her of any amount that would be detrimental to her tether to this realm and once he’d gotten what he wanted, simply sent it back, like a filter straining information rather than grime.

He stifled a gasp from the rush of knowledge that overcame him. Images, emotions, memories, and details crashed and trickled through his mind like a hurricane inside his skull. But he finally understood who his Servant was and what she was capable of. He couldn’t help but smile sinisterly once it all fell into place before him.

Oh… This is going to be fun.
Old Posted 03-09-2016, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote