View Single Post
Trisphee Kensai
Default Story time with Hermes!   #1  
So, there's a McDonald's next to my house I often sit at on the laptop. Today, something very strange, and a little scary may have happened.

So, as I walked in, I noticed a man sitting by himself, shaking very noticeably, in the way a person does when they're about to do something nerve-wracking, like a performance or a job interview, you know when you're not sure of wha twill happen and all your nerves are just shot? That kind of shakiness. He had two drinks, but was sitting alone. He kept muttering under his breath, his breathing wasn't paced evenly, and he would sometimes shake his hands and legs, or start fidgeting with one hand, while the other was tucked firmly in his pocket, obviously groping at something. Said thing was towards the bottom of the pocket, and there were no indentations on the top. But there was something in a block shape it seemed. In the pocket. Around the hand.

He started to stare at me. I looked at him as I walked to fill up my drink and he looked away, only to start staring at the woman in the booth I sat two away from, and then at the guys at the booth next to her. Finally, I sat down and he stared some more. His shaking seemed to get worse. He began to move the hand in his pocket, almost like he was trying to decide if he should pull it out or not.

I decide that one of two things is happening: Either he's just nervous and weird and waiting for someone, or this guy is planning on doing something stupid and isn't sure of himself yet.

Sure enough, he starts to scan things. It's easy to tell when someone is doing this when they aren't particularly skilled at it: You catch them swiveling their head around the room, they'll walk around, seemingly aimlessly, they check corners and the ceiling a lot, they keep an eye on doors. This is really basic human scanning.

So, I do what I do best: I act like a dumbass with a savior complex. I catch his eyes and just glare at him. I give him my best "Do it. I dare you." (Which I was actually JUST talking about on skype with Demagische) stare, and pull out my bracers, because I own leather and steel bracers that I wear to Belegarth, which I happen to be going to today. I get the gloves on, and take the bracers apart to just make a point of them.

I have never seen someone get out of a McDonald's so fast in my life.

I have no idea what was going on, but just for a second, I thought I was gonna have to smack a mofo with steel bracers. Can you imagine that news story?
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 09-06-2014, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote