View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
"A human. Pffft. A human you throw at men so you can make a quick coin off of her body." Tritonia responded with a dull, bored sigh. "You can twist words to make it sound like you're saving her, but in the end you're just whoring a young girl out, are you not? How much of the money do you actully take from them? Under the guise of business expenses?" Tritonia asked, keeping her voice to a polite little low-yell, if one could call it that. Enough to sound threatening, but not so boisterous as to bring yet more of the patrons into earshot.

The woman was beginning to bend. And Tritonia could at least feel the beginnings of getting her way. Of course there was still fight in Nanika as expected. Wounded critters always lashed out before you took the knife and plunged it into their neck, and Tritonia fought back a savage grin to mask the evil intent present in her eyes while she slowly stood up from her chair, a gold talon of a finger raking across the red staining down to her chin. "She is my employee and my friend. Hmph. If you were her friend you would have stopped her from making harsh decisions and keeping her from dealing so rudely with her betters." Tritonia snarled, rolling her eyes and gesturing towards the stairs. "After you. Don't make threats. It would be a shame if in my last actions, I did to your entire patronage what I did to Chidi to make her act so brazenly."

A small snicker, and Tritonia leaned in towards Nanika, voice just below a whisper. "Which I did of course. Not that you could ever prove it..."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 07-19-2018, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote