View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #11  
Nanika looked around at the patrons then back to Tritonia. She was absolutely seething, both fists clenched and trembling. It took everything to not jump over the table to strangle the bard herself, but she remained calm. “No. No she won't. Because of you,” Nanika growled. “I don't know what you did to her to make her do that, if you used some sort of magic or whatever, but you are getting no more out of this establishment. She lost her job because of you.”

She glanced back at the patrons as Tritonia managed to sway some of the patrons, “It's enough that you made my best girl lose her job. She can't stay here any longer, and for what? Because you were bored? I'm not paying any price. Now get out so I can try to right the wrongs you've created. I have some connections. I might be able to get her a good life yet, no thanks to you. Now. Leave.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 07-05-2018, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote