View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #7  
Right, she's a bard of that nature. Of course she's a bard that uses magic... Chidi thought, clamping her mouth shut and tapping her fingers from underneath the table. "Whether your services are asked for from higher ups had nothing to do with my point that I had hoped you'd be quick enough to get. My point was simply that I would be missed. Before acting on your threats, you should consider that fact," Chidi uttered half audible and half under her breath. Tritonia didn't wait to respond, responding instead with her "music."

The song took a moment to register with the worker of the night, Chidi's face contorting to a grimace with the unpleasant sonic sound. Soon, however, that grimace turned to a look of genuine terror, and Chidi got to her feet in a wish to run. She was reminded of her life before the brothel and all of the sadness that came out of that. The song brought her to the place before Nanika wrapped her loving arms around her, and it told her she would be there again. It inspired several synapses to fire off inside the woman's brain the first and most prominent of those being that which triggered fight or flight. Chidi was never one to back down, and in that moment of terror and lack of clear thinking, she chose fight.

Without thinking, she lifted the chair that she was sitting on prior and hurled it at the bard.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-30-2018, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote