View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Ash could see the effect she had on her girlfriend and reveled in it, just barely restraining herself from licking her lips and daring Nora to do something about it. Their lifestyle was already out on the table for the two wolves to see (the equipment they were stocked with stood enough of a testament to that). However, even Ash wasn't immune to Hal's stupid comments and found herself rolling her eyes.

“Man, she's an omega. The fact that she's still alive is enough to prove that she don't fuckin' need us, mate. At least, not the extent you paint it up to be,” Ash said, pushing her now empty plate to the edge of the table for the waitress to take at her leisure. “And yes, toxic masculinity. Believing you can protect someone just because you have a wangle dangle between your legs is the perfect example of toxic masculinity. If you had experience as a wolf or even the slightest know how on how to control yourself, maybe it'd be just skill, but as it stands, you sound pretty fuckin' ignorant, Hal.” Ash snorted and wished she would have ordered the five-stack rather than the three as she felt like she could still eat, but the others appeared as if they were nearing the end of their meals so it would probably be best to let it sit anyway and not eat more than she should.

Ash put her elbows on the table and leaned forward, “Kinky, you say? No, that only happens when you're good. And trust me, I know this from experience. So far, you have not been what one would call 'good'.” She reached across the table and ran a nail up his forearm, “Just try to play nice, okay?”

Audrey stacked her plate neatly on top of Ash's and proceeded to clasp her hands in her lap, listening to the conversation. It wasn't a part of her nature to interrupt, and as they all seemed to be almost talking over each other, she didn't really have a chance to speak until she was addressed by her greatly respected employer. She nodded and smiled, wishing to hide the red in her cheeks and opened her mouth to speak, but Hal's comment set Nora off and she leaned back so no food would spill on her, and she clapped a hand over her mouth.

Ash was laughing at this point and Audrey bowed her head. “How'd you know how to do that? I was going to suggest it when he went wolf form, but it seems that translated over to human form perfectly.”

With the bill paid, the party all stood and Audrey looked to her employer, “So...what do we do now? I am technically under your employ, though I'm not marking this down for my hours. Should we go to the office, or try to rest? None of us slept last night, so I imagine we're all a little tired...”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-06-2018, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote