View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Audrey nodded, already expecting that proposition, but Ash cocked her eyebrow, “Do you have any experience training anything?” Ash said with a laugh and a snort, “I mean, besides me, of course.” Ash said this, then took a giant bite of buttery, syrupy french toast, her eyes rolling to the back of her head in pleasure.

Audrey made it a point to take a bite as soon as Hal said he didn't need training. He quite obviously did, but she wasn't going to be the one to tell an alpha what he needed and what he didn't. She chewed slowly, feeling the chunks of bacon on her tongue, the yoke coating her tongue in protein and deliciousness. Lucky for Audrey, Ash was more than willing to speak again, “You don't need training?” She leaned her head back and laughed, “Forgive me, but how long did you know you were a wolf boy? And who was it that found that shit out for you? Oh, that's right, it sure as shit wasn't you. You do need training, and we're willing to help you. You gonna take us up on that or no? You might get to see some other benefits aside from actually being able to control yourself.” Here, she added a wink for added effect.

The timid werewolf shook her head, “You all are...nice...compared to what I've seen. I'm not worried about you guys knowing, and I'm not as threatened by an alpha that doesn't even know how to control his forms. Not like...the ah...the others. I agree to it, and I agree to it all. But if we're going to be training Hal, his first lesson is going to have to be on control and his second is going to have to be on stealth.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-04-2018, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote