Thread: Games by Coda
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #95  
Finished!

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/$38278

Depths Descended
Explore as a robot through a mining facility that has long since been abandoned in search of treasure! Avoid countless dangers such as bats, bats, and you guessed it, more bats! Be careful though as you have a short battery life and must stay charged to survive!

My teammate and I both had a lot of problems staying focused this weekend so we didn't get as much done as we wanted, but the meat of the game is here -- we wanted more enemies, we wanted a mechanic where you could repair the broken-down bodies of your lost lives, and I wanted to have a final boss instead of a score attack game. We probably could have done everything we wanted to do if we could have both kept our heads in the game. In the end, he wasn't able to contribute much at all, but he's planning to make up for it by promoting the game afterward.

I'm really proud of the sound design this time around. I stepped up my game, I think. I also taught myself the basics of HLSL fragment shaders for the graphics; it's most visible in the background of the power-up rooms.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-31-2017, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote