View Single Post
Icy Footed
The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

This is one of the few episodes of the Twilight Zone that are often studied and shown as an example of a reflection of society and social community. Like Nightmare at 20,000 ft, it's a popular one. But I put it on this list for a special reason. /B]

The title is misleading, but it tells the truth. It's a pretty common episode, but I still won't talk about the ending. It's a slow ride of paranoia that happens throughout and it all gets you just as worried as the people in the neighborhood.

This episode has very well written dialogue and acting. Of course, this was another one written by series creator Rod Serling. There is such a battle of logic and illogic in this, and it doesn't come as much of a surprise, which one of them wins in the end. Because the scariest thing about this episode are just who the monsters are. If you're not familiar with Serling's other twists and notations on the allegory of things in life, then you know who the monsters are. If not, they may not be who you expect. >.> But they are probably much closer to us all now than they have ever been...

Season 1. Episode 22. The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. Nightmares seldom escape the sleeping subconsciousness of our minds. But the terror in this episode is one of the most feared and infamous waking nightmares. It's a look into the frightful reality, where logic, reasoning and a calm open mind may not be enough to save you... <.<

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-22-2020, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote