View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #21  
The Hitch-hiker

This is one episode I never understood why it was scary. Every person I know whom this one has left an impression on, tells me it's a scary episode. It wasn't until I started driving alone that I understood why. 8(
In the context of the episode a young woman is taking a cross-country road trip alone. All sorts of scary things can happen. 8( But the one thing that comes to mind always is some man that takes interest or follows behind or along you when you're alone without someone to have your back.
One of the most frightening feeling for a woman I think, is the feeling of being preyed upon, and I understand it too well. >.> Though before watching it without the understanding context, I didn't see the hitch-hiker as much of a thing to be afraid of. I thought, "just say no and drive away."
x) Turns out, it wasn't that simple a solution, seeing as the hitch-hiker seems to always be there no matter how many times she drives away.
<;/ You find out why later on in the episode, so I'll leave the twist a mystery.

The things which really make this episode are the actress' narrations, giving us as the audience an insight into her thinking. Her acting is pretty good too! :) Very convincing. You feel bad for her. <:/ She spends a good amount of the episode frightened and desperate. The music of course is quite fitting too, and escalates as her terror escalates. However, my favorite thing of all in the episode is the little things along the way that add up in the end. It always makes me wonder about other details that went overlooked and could be explained in my mind. ^-^

Season 1. Episode 16. The Hitch-hiker. There are I guess a couple of music cues that might make one jump in this, though they are mostly fake-outs. One is just a goofy close up shot. x) Give it a watch if you want. Though solo-drivers proceed with caution, or the road ahead might just turn into a nightmare. o_o

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-21-2020, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote