View Single Post
Icy Footed
The New Exhibit

Another one from the elusive Season 4, this episode is one of the more classically creepy ones from the series. It has an element of horror more present than it's fantasy one for certain! 8(
If you've ever been to a wax museum, then you understand already how creepy they can be. The wax figures are so well made, you could almost mistake them for a living person! And this episode takes it a step further, by making the wax figures those of famous serial murderers!

xD Although the acting can be a bit hokey and this one doesn't have very much of an underlaying message or moral or meaning around it, it's still delightfully frightful to watch. I guess it's more akin to an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, than anything. :] You can sort of tell when the direction called for the actors portraying the lifeless wax figures to keep still, and you can notice a slight teeter of movement here and there, but in some scenes, 0.0 the actors really do a great job of selling you the illusion that they won't move!

I like a simple, little old spooky tale now and then. The old ones aren't so scary. They go about things slowly and carefully, and scare you just as slowly...like wax melting, until you realize how fast it actually went! 8o This episode drew me in so much, it feels more like 40 minutes than an hour! Time flies when you're being entertained. :)

Season 4. Episode 13. The New Exhibit. A creepy one to say the very least! There is a level of eerie uncertainty in that you feel like the wax figures can move whenever they want, and they don't until you least expect it. 8/ Doesn't have jump-scares per se, but it comes close. A little too close for comfort. But if you don't mind that, go on ahead and give it a watch if you dare. B] You might be glad you did.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-19-2020, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote