View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
It took Nokra a few moments to truly realize he had no masters, the Felis waiting for instructions or orders, only to receive none. It was a weird feeling. A lack of structure that made the Felis frown for a moment, before he itched his head and watched the others turn tail and head into their prospective rooms. The two redheads went off towards the room near the cockpit; Nokra snorting and assuming (correctly) the two were in some form of relationship. Fikri of course was moping about and locked himself away, much to Nokra’s lack of surprise, and when he started thinking on rooms, the third redhead began to speak to him – Nokra cocking his head in the man’s direction and shrugging.

“I mean, it’s a lot for me to take in. I kinda have a choice now, and it’s weird. I don’t know what room I wanna take, or which ones I can steal without offending anyone. Assumed you and the Spider would be sharing a room, you’re really close.” Nokra said with a dull tone to his voice, his eyes peeking over towards Magali, and watching both her and Mendez as they talked. Once Mendez addressed him about Fikri, Nokra snorted and rolled his eyes. “We’ve all gone through some horrible shit. I understand it sucks, but he doesn’t have to mope around over it.” Nokra bit his tongue for a second, venom overtaking and consuming it, but he managed to keep himself lidded better than before. “He’s gotta learn to persevere. That’s how I lived. That’s how we both lived.” Nokra added, pointing fingers between himself and Magalli.

“As for sleeping, uh, Mags. I don’t mind if you want your own space. I’m gonna take up a room near the back. You’re welcomed to join me, or not. I dunno.” Nokra said, ears wilting a bit, and the Felis kicking at the ground before her forced a small grin along his features. Now that the drugs were wearing off, she was starting to return to her normal…Cute? Definitely cute, self. “Just remember, Mags. We’re free now. You can tell people ‘No’ and shit.”

Riola sighed and rubbed his face, then ran hands through his already tussled and messy hair. He didn’t have the urge or the effort to really try and make himself look a bit tidier. Sleepiness was consuming him, and sure enough the Edensian was forcing himself over towards the bed, and used the last bit of reserve energy to flomp right onto the mattress; the Edensian curling up and resting heavy lids. “We’ll…Be fine. Just need a bit of sleep, hermana. Do me a favor, si? Make sure I…Just…Wake up next to you.” He muttered, before his breathing slowed and soft, gentle snores escaped his body.

--

The crowd roared with delight with Ashi’s taunts, Shaldag himself chuckling among each wave of punches he threw at her. Granted, he was being a little bit on the gentle side, but he assumed that’s what Hyun wanted. Killing her prized little girlfriend, even by accident, was probably grounds for the two having a nuclear-level falling out. Something Shaldag or Hyun could have wanted to deal with. “Well, if you want me to step my assault up, Ashi…” Shaldag replied nonchalantly – A slurry of chemicals from another tube emptying into his veins, and making what little of his flesh remained bulge and swell.

“Ten seconds left, Shaldag. You gonna sock, you might make this one your best shot.” Hyun-chu said, glancing for a brief moment towards her watch, then towards Ashi’s beatdown; a few of the other gangers crowding around her and placing bets in alien tongues with the magenta-colored woman; Hyun snorting and snarling back in Chuzizian, only to make the couple talking towards her bellow in laughter, and then point at the princess. Whatever conversation they were having? It seemed more or less like the group was just mocking the princess while she was bleeding and battered.

With the last bit of time left on the clock, Shaldag decided that his final punch was gonna be at least one she was gonna remember. A flood of adrenaline, and other chemicals flowed through his veins, and hefting and readying his fist one last time, aimed this one with the actual intent of hurting Ashi. Not that he wished to really do lasting harm, but pride had gotten in the way for his last stretch. It was all muscle and pour anger guiding his hand, though Shaldag made sure not to aim it somewhere -too- vital. A kneecap would cause just as much pain as his anvil of clenched hand colliding into her stomach.

Atrix winced as Shaldag wound up that punch, and snuck in to tap Hyun on the shoulder, the Chuzizian looking behind her and raising bit of browflesh as she noticed the Terskix. “Holy shit, Atrix. You could have told me you were still around. Figured you were off binding up your sperm donor in silk, and hanging him from the ceiling. The fuck you want?”

Atrix shrugged a shoulder. “The relationship isn’t serious enough for him to dangle from a ceiling when I need him. The debate on whether to keep him for a brood or two, or eat him is still being weighed. I wanted to watch Ashi get beaten in.” The Terskix said, clicking her mandibles a few times. The lack of infighting and bloodshed that was common for her people? It was taking its toll on Atrix. The Edensians. The Pyra. All of the Felis. They had a habit of talking things out, and it left a sour taste in Atrix’s mouth sometimes. Just once she’d like to see them settle things like this on the ship.

Humanoid customs were dull sometimes. It was something Atrix still had trouble dealing with….
Old Posted 09-17-2017, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote