View Single Post
The Illusionist
I never played the original 2 before, but I've watched my friends play them. The game is up on PS+ so I took the time to see what the hype is about. I was only able to watch my friend play some of the beginning, but the internet spoiled the story for me before hand.
The story was great, a sad ending that lacked hype or impact, but it has a lot of depth to it without you realizing it.
The game-play in general...? Ok, I liked the use of the Vigors with normal FPS set up, but the problem with me is that I hate First Person Shooter games unless there is more substance to it. Because of that I felt like the game-play was truly holding me back for enjoying the game-play experience. I would really enjoy a Bioshock game that used nothing but Vigor's or Plastids or whatever the new magic/science thingamajig is called. That would had been a cooler game and more interesting game-play mechanic.
Overall, the game was REALLY short, the Developers must have truly been hoping you played the game on a harder difficulty to stretch out the game, I finished the game in 1 sitting.

Long story short, I'm very impressed with the story, art style, vigors, and the relationship between Elizbeth and Booker within the game. EVERYONE should give this game a shot, I got my Grandpa to buy the game and he's extremely into the game.
Gamer Grandpa = Rulez

Old Posted 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM Reply With Quote