View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Ash smirked, cocking her eyebrow in a dare for him to test her, "That depends. What do you think I'm suggesting and is it something you'd be interested in?" Ash crossed her legs and leaned back, slumping into her chair in a brief melding with the furniture, "I can be the alpha if you want, but I'm out of practice."

Audrey sat pale listening to the conversation, obviously not expecting to be in this situation. She'd been kept over the course of the night out of spite and ran into not only another werewolf, but an alpha, and one who didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Ash shrugged, "If you're offering to foot the bill, we could go out. I wouldn't mind cooking either though, provided we've got the shit for it. I'm poor as hell right now. Still waiting on my checked to get wired. The Den is cheap though, so it would be nice and we already have a vote for it. I'll go ahead and second it. The pie and coffee's good at least." She uncrossed her legs and struggled up from her slumped over position and stretched. "Shall we get going?"
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-10-2018, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote