View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #91  
Deadwaltz rolled her eyes at the healer and hefted her blade up into the air and went to bring it back down on the Hellhound, only for the blade to meet the earth below and continue a few feet underground...Right between the young knight's legs who stared at Waltz with a mix of incredulousness and panic; Waltz shrugging at him and leaving the blade in the ground for the time being as she arched her back and let a few cracks emanate from her spine. Magical hounds like that were stupid and always disappeared right before things turned into a real good fight, though she knew it was probably because Wisp didn't like seeing her weird demon stuff get too hurt for no reason.

Once the sliver of excitement passed it was time for Percy to get his comeuppance in the form of her own special kind of snark. "Well, when yah are traveling with me. It's not yahself chopping wood by my side. Or cooking the food, right? Yah just supply the smokeweeds in yah pipe and the alcohol. And the bits where I say something, and then you say something back, but a lot smarter." Once her back was in place, and Christoval wasn't going to piss himself when he almost lost his breedin' bits, the barbarian hefted him onto his feet without so much as a second guess, and dragged him along as she headed over towards her best friend - Content with being a pretend bodyguard while they bantered. No hellhound was touching him on her watch. "Ah can settle though! Ah just haven't found a place ah find cozy enough to bunker down in for a buncha winters at a time. Plus, if ah decide to settle, yah ain't gonna be around all the time to visit. But here's the knight! Yah should probably fix his ankle. Yah can't sleep with girls on a bad ankle. Ah've tried."

"I've offered countless times my services in bringing her back. Arabella seems to get more and more livid with each time I try to be helpful." Wisp brushed off her tights and sulked for a second, the blackened blood on the ground making her nose wrinkle as she leered at Waltz, who did her best to avoid eye contact. Non-verbal chastisement given, the Dark Mage rolled her eyes at Percival and gave him a dismissive wave as she moved over to Arabella and crossed her arms. "If we survive the stupidity of my apprentice and Kastivi, I'll tell you my grandiose tale of becoming a dark mage, Percival." She hummed, her monstrous demon-hound doing its best to acclimate to new limbs and appease it's master - the hellhound sinking claw after claw into the tree to try and claim Kastivi.

Wisp gestured over towards Arabella - the Dark Mage shaking her head at the dark-skinned girl. "Were this a real situation, your friend here would be dog food, and you'd be stuck there while they took their time with him. Pain and a harsh lesson is something you're going to need if you wanna remember this and learn from it." Raising a hand and snapping her fingers, Wisp looked to the hellhound and barked a single word in the demon tongue; the hound renewing it's pursuit with a bit more rabid, hellish vigor; Wisp smiling the entire time, as she turned to Arabella. "If I were in her shoes, I would turn this around on the summoner. These things have a one-track mind, and would plow through me to get to her." Her voice was audibile enough for the Halfling, and no one else of course. "Think she'll wise up to it? Or is she too scared of disobeying you to consider it?"
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 11-02-2018, 06:54 PM Reply With Quote