View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
“As good of a reason as any,” Arabella said, adding a playful eyeroll and a shrug of the shoulders, “And I'll be thankful for that motivation as I would any other. I am willing to do whatever it takes.” The words, easier said than done, Arabella knew she would have to back up – but exactly what it was she was going to end up sacrificing was another story. All would become clear when they made camp that night. “What kinds of perks are there for translators? And will I ever learn demonic to be able to speak to my own entity--?” The last word was muffled as a soft, well-manicured finger came to tap her lips. “F-flesh?” she stammered, more than likely to the dark mage's delight, “From where? I guess my thighs could stand to lose a couple of ounces...”

“When it comes to the creation of alcohol while on-the-road? Absolutely, I will give that you are quite clever,” Percival said, chuckling. “I'll see if I can get paired with your parties more often. In all honesty, I couldn't ask for a better drinking buddy.” Straightening his cloak, he looked up to see if he could gauge the position of the sun through the tops of the trees. The younglings had been gone for quite a while, and their short break was extending much longer than he was comfortable. He had been hoping to make decent strides by the time they made camp. “That is difficult to say, Waltz. Goody-two-shoes like him, potential paladins, will likely never lose their tenacity at annoying their less...overt...companions. But time will tell; perhaps his mentor will imbue some of her wisdom.” Percival didn't expect the barbarian to know every word he said, but as she said herself, she was smart. Simply uneducated. She could use context clues to get it. She would understand like that. She always did. “I can't say I blame her. It's only a matter of time before I get sidled up with my own apprentice myself, and I can't promise that I will be the ray of sunshine I am now.”

Percival was not one to complain with the close proximity of a beautiful woman and therefore was careful to not interrupt her when she was speaking, nor was he one to tell her to leave him alone when she had questionable motives. He removed his water sack from his belt, wishing it were his flask, and took a quick swig of water. Thankfully, the motives...unexpectedly...were rather pure. With the mention that the halfling was looking at his barbarian friend with eyes not too different from his own towards Wisp, he choked, recovering into laughter, “You're not serious!” And when he saw that she was, he straightened up, composing himself but keeping a smile, “Well, those are good motivations indeed. I'd send her every ounce of luck I possess, but I need it to make it through a relatively dry trip thanks to your apprentice.”

Arabella was on her feet immediately hearing the hounds and with the confirmation from the dark mage, she ran ahead of the group, thoughts on Kastivi only.

>>>

Kastivi ran and ran, but she knew she could not stray far from Christoval. It was best for the two to stay together so they would be found together. She was thinking clearly now, her instincts no longer telling her to do the wrong thing. So, she looped back around and finding a tree, immediately climbed it, praying the hounds were unable to climb.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 09-05-2018, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote