View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #81  
"Watching is only going to get you so far. To perform what I do, there's a bit of learning. The protective circles just incase you sour things up are going to be my responsibility. Calling whatever is willing to listen? I am going to place that on you." Wisp said, chewing on her cheek and rubbing her temple with an idle hand. At least Christoval had been naive and content enough with more martial practices than wanting to dive into magic. Not that he could of course. And considering Wisp's patience with her apprentice already? He would have earned a one-way ticket to the void by now. "Protection. Something a demon can provide. I can probably start prepping for the few patrons I know that will take you up on this offer. I am going to warn you, of course. Protection comes in many forms. In terms of negotiation. Low-ball the entity. Ignore any sort of shows of power. Or threats. Lesson One begins now. The beings of the dark only hold as much power as you give them." Wisp said, shrugging her shoulders and closing her eyes while she was in thought.

Wisp grumbled to herself in deep thought for a moment. There was two patrons she could think of for protection. One was something she had only heard of and never attempted to contact on her own. The few things she could bring up was a name, and how to at least appease the entity when it came. The other of course could have been her own patron. Though the favors she would accumulate for a beneficial outcome for the Halfling? It would be extensive.

It was as if the man's words brought about a small ceramic container, the Barbarian tossing it over towards the Wizard with a shrug of her shoulders. "Ah mean, this one is pretty much done. Ah'll yah gotta do is seal it up proper and let it ferment while yah walking. It's nothing fancy. Barley and some junipers like ah said. It tastes....Not good. But it works, yes?" Waltz smiled and looked in the same direction of Christoval's departure, and huffed for a second, puffing out her cheeks. "Ah think our knight-to-be just wants us not dead. Which is fine. Ah'll behave to a knight if it means he'll be outta mah hair. Ah could just crush his head with mah thighs to shut him up, but ah think the other new girl intends on doing that. Maybe getting the lad laid will relax him." Looking at Percival, Waltz grunted and shot her head towards Wisp. "Yah should tell the knight kid to stop ruining mah chances to drink with Percy, before ah beat him with his own leg." Waltz said, laughing and wriggling in place.

"You sense right, but my motives aren't negative towards yourself in any way. I can assure you of that." Wisp replied, shooting a small death glare at Waltz in response to her question and appeasing the Barbarian for the most part with her silent threat, before returning to Percival's attention. "My, you seem so stressed and disinterested in us. And here I was hoping to know you far more intimately." Wips croned with a defeated sigh, hands gripped onto his shirt; the Dark Mage giving him a small tug before breaking off and brushing black hair from her face.

>>>>>>>

Christoval spat soot and bits of the hellhound from his mouth as the arquebus went off and hit true; a chunk of the beast's side exploding out in a showered of darkened gore; the beast letting go of the knight's ankle as it let out a pained bray; and setting it's eyes on the fiery woman that seemed to be impeding it's progress in fetching the knight. blackened blood oozed from its body as the skinless warhound locked cataracted eyes on Kastivi - the snarling mouth a faint mimicry of a bestial smile as it tapped the ground with padded feet; the Hound poised to strike until a metal shield hit it in the rear; the beast spinning towards it's intended victim;

Christoval could barely move himself; the wounded ankle giving out with any sort of pressure. The knight gritted his teeth however and gripped onto his sword - Christoval down on one knee and ready to tumble with the beast as best as he could. He could at least hold his own and just distract it while Kastivi could deal the killing blows if needed, though his lack of planning to deal with this had begun to worry him. Was he going to be able to improvise if needed? He was used to being able to move as well, and now he was as stoic and manueverable as a common boulder.
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 07-17-2018, 08:33 PM Reply With Quote