View Single Post
Writer
I was... huh, 9? 10 maybe? Something along the line. And it really wasn't that scary - it's more of a mystery show than a horror one after all - but she still insisted this is not appropriate material for a kid. Mind you, I learnt to read at age 3, so she knew I was used to material way beyond my age (when you've been reading for three years already, you're not even looking twice at the beginner books suggested for your age where the font is super big, every sentence no longer than four words, and half the nouns are replaced with little pictures to make it easier). But yeah, she didn't want me to watch Jurassic Park in cinema either, because apparently the director back then said in an interview he would not let his own children watch the movie. Which also translated to "definitely not appropriate" in her mind.

Ironically the one person in my family with an actual talent to always come in at the worst possible moment was my grandma. Imagine watching an otherwise completely innocent film with one single scene of shooting, and guess who walks into the living room one second before, just right in time to witness what "brutal stuff" grandpa and me were watching. Even during children's cartoons she would inevitably show up at the exact moment someone gets dynamite shoved into their mouth or an anvil dropped on the head.
Old Posted 01-29-2019, 07:04 AM Reply With Quote