Thread: Weird Religions
View Single Post
Dazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
I do remember hearing about the findings on this several years ago, I'm not entirely sure there's enough available data (from what I've seen) to be able to say on anything definitive on the matter.
Just wondering... how do I quote multiple people in the post?

I'm glad you also agree in multiple states of self-awareness. although there isn't much evidence for cetaceans as a whole to be sentience, there is strong evidence of Orcas and bottlenose dolphins as sentient creatures with strong self-awareness. They even have multiple languages and speak differently with each other depending on gender and age. I think it's fascinating.
I also agree that the likelihood of alien visitation is slim to none. However, as science tells, I also agree it's almost guaranteed that there is intelligent life elsewhere. I love pondering about what other lifeforms would be like. It's definitely a worth wondering what state of self-awareness they will have :)

The only thing I wonder with eliminating biological mortality is, what about wanting to have a family? Do you think that biological desire will be eliminated as well? I'd love to hear what you think artificial beings would be like if it is humans that are programming them.

It's interesting you mention subconscious. Did you know that it has been disproven that a subconscious exists and that what we are meant to identify as subconscious is just instinctual behavior? I thought that was interesting.

Thank you for answering my question! I think it is really interesting to draw parallels between some mental illnesses in humans and animals in terms of behavior.

although you said you don't read much about modern religions, I'd honestly love to hear your opinions on Scientology just to see if it has more insight than the typical views of it.

Quote:
You're welcome. I hope my responses aren't too off-putting. As you may be able to imagine, I'm quite used to these ideas being met with hostility, so I appreciate you taking them in the spirit they're meant.
No, they aren't off-putting at all! You were very polite and courteous about your beliefs and I really appreciate that :)
Old Posted 09-19-2015, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote