View Single Post
Developer
Default   #9  
Speaking from experience... yes, it can apply, although it applies differently. Each member of a plural system has their own gender identity, and when speaking about any one of them you would use whatever terms are appropriate for the individual. But by the very nature of being plural the group as a whole is of course referred to using... y'know, plural grammar. After all, what else would you use to refer to more than one person at a time?

Do be a bit careful with the term "alters." Some people don't mind, but others see it as alienating. I'm not sure there is a universally accepted term, although I have yet to encounter anyone who has a problem with "headmate."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Ah, uh, there’s the “you non-binary so you’re not trans” and vice-versa issue. And ace gatekeeping. You know, slightly different from racial gatekeeping, but still.
Ugh, no joke, I know exactly what you mean.

Heaven forbid you're fluid. Seems NOBODY knows what to do about that.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-16-2020, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote