View Single Post
Developer
Default   #47  
SUBJECT: Robot Master Project: "Rock" and "Roll"
AUTHOR: Dr. Thomas Light
DATE: September 2, 200X
FORMAT: Plain Text

Construction of Robot Masters designated DLN-001 "Rock" and DLN-002 "Roll" is complete. Proto Man has been retroactively given the designation DLN-000.

Rock was immediately helpful with Roll's construction. He read all of the development notes from the Robot Master project and provided feedback based on his own implementation. His support made the process much more efficient. This alone provides undeniable proof of the value of the Robot Master concept.

It's fascinating how much of a difference there is between Rock's behavior and Roll's. They were built to nearly the same specifications aside from cosmetic differences, but they learned and developed so quickly that their personalities diverged. Perhaps the chief difference in their development was the needs expressed in their environments. When Rock was activated, I had no lab assistants at all, and he quickly stepped into that role. When Roll was activated, I already had a lab assistant, but the lab had grown rather disorganized over the past few weeks of effort, and she took to cleaning and organizing it on her own initiative.

Roll is of course still completely competent when it comes to robotics and engineering. She even went out of her way to repair my luggage! I had left Eddie in the corner of the lab, intending to fix him when I had time, but Roll beat me to it. I wasn't going to say no!

Rock has begun helping me with the Variable Tool System that I mentioned previously. Albert seems somewhat less interested in this part of the project. He does raise a valid point: All of our tools are already designed to be operated by human hands, and both Rock and Roll have humanoid hands already, so they are already able to employ all of the tools without needing any special technological interface. Call it ambitious, I suppose, but I think that there's value in a single tool that's versatile enough to serve the purpose of all of the other tools while being able to add more tools as the need arises.

SUBJECT: Post-Boot Kernel Log
AUTHOR: Proto Man
DATE: September 12, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text

Booting Robot Master kernel...
Memory scan in progress... [ OK ]
Hardware scan in progress...
Hardware configuration mismatch detected. Resolving...
Micro-reactor system missing. Driver disabled.
New power source detected. Unable to identify. No drivers available.
[ NOTE ] Hardware configuration has been changed.
[ WARN ] No power management drivers loaded. Charging and charge level monitoring unavailable.
Initializing hardware... [ OK ]
Performing quick filesystem check... [ OK ]
Filesystem has not been checked in 1449 days. Full filesystem scan recommended.
Mounting filesystem... [ OK ]
Freeing unused kernel memory.
Loading userspace software.

- Welcome to RMOS v1.0 -
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-14-2018, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote