View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Fighting for Justice?
AUTHOR: Rock [DLN-001]
DATE: July 24, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text

Dr. Light,

With everything that's been going on lately, I really don't know what to do. It feels like all the fighting I did was for nothing. So many people are saying that what I did was bad, and I have to wonder if they might have a point.

I volunteered to become Mega Man last year because it was obvious what "right" and "wrong" were at the time. It was wrong to make robots attack humans. It was wrong to take peaceful robots doing a useful job and take away their purpose. It was wrong to try to force the world to submit. And at the time, it was right to fight against these wrongs in order to restore peace and justice.

This time was different. Nobody got hurt. One of the robots was trying to do good. One just wanted to be left alone. One wanted to help me and was forced to attack. For several of them, trying to fight them risked doing more damage than leaving them alone would have. And Dr. Wily was trying to develop science, not take over the world again. I know he still did a lot of damage, but was it really appropriate to send me in to fight him personally?

And since the Robot Masters were destroyed, we don't even have information about what Dr. Wily was trying to do. And they weren't mindless like when your first six Robot Masters got reprogrammed. They talked like me. They talked to me. They talked about what they wanted and how they felt.

So why did I have to fight like that? What was the point? I didn't save anyone. I didn't stop anything. I destroyed robots that could think like me.

There wasn't even justice in the end. Dr. Wily got away without having to pay for his crimes. Now we don't know where he is or what he's doing.

Now that politician guy is trying to make it illegal to destroy intelligent robots. I'm not so sure that's a bad idea...

I don't know what to say anymore.

-Rock

SUBJECT: Meet Rush!
AUTHOR: Thomas X. Light
DATE: July 27, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text with attachments

Rock,

Please come to the lab when you have a chance. I've completed a new robot named Rush. He's modeled after a dog, and I hope he can be a good companion for you. He's a good boy and he'll be able to keep up with you no matter where you go.

I hope Rush can help you through this troubled time you're having. I know I felt optimistic while I was working on him.

Love,
Dr. Light

SUBJECT: Re: Meet Rush!
AUTHOR: Rock [DLN-001]
DATE: July 27, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text

I sent you an e-mail three days ago, and I never got a response. I KNOW you read it. The server told me. And now you get me a puppy, as if that makes everything better? I'm not a little human boy that can be distracted from his problems by a cute animal!

You keep talking about the future but sometimes I feel like you aren't paying attention to what's going on RIGHT NOW.

I'm going on a trip. I need to go get a different perspective. You might be a brilliant scientist and my creator, but right now you don't feel like much of a father.

-Rock

P.S. I'm taking Rush.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-02-2018, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote