View Single Post
Developer
Default   #39  
SUBJECT: Rookie Upsets Prize Fight Predictions!
AUTHOR: Plum, CPS Television Network
DATE: September 4, 20XX
FORMAT: Video

The newscast transitions to Plum standing with a tall, barrel-shaped blue robot. The robot’s paint job shows signs of extensive battle damage, but the undented metal of his hull gleams underneath.

"I'm here today with the unexpected winner of the 20XX Heavyweight Division Robot Boxing Championship. His name is Hard, and he joined the tournament just this season, quickly gathering a huge fan base and going undefeated for the entire series. Hard, do you have anything you want to say to the public?"

Hard waves with a huge smile on his face as Plum tilts the microphone in his direction. "Hi everyone! Thanks for cheering for me. This is the best thing a rookie could have ever hoped for!"

The sports reporter can't help but smile as well. "It's certainly been a thrilling season. Did you think you would go all the way when you started?"

"Well, I mean, I thought I had a pretty good chance." Hard fidgets bashfully, averting his eyes from the camera. "I've got really good armor."

"You certainly do! I hear you've never been knocked out."

"I've been knocked on my back a few times and out of the ring once, but I've never been hit hard enough to stop functioning."

Plum makes a show of looking around to see if anyone's watching and stage whispers, "Hey, I've got your rookie card. Can I get your autograph after the interview?"

Hard laughs aloud. "You're a fan, too? Aw, I can't say no."

"Great!" She hops a little, clasping the microphone in both hands and standing with one foot raised a little. "I'm sure everyone is looking forward to next season! Will you be participating again?"

"I suppose I'm going to have to, I guess. My fans are going to want me to defend my title. Not going to let them down!"

"I'm sure you won't disappoint. Thanks, Hard!" Plum turns her attention back to the camera. "Up next, we'll be looking at the winter sports schedule. See you after the break!"

SUBJECT: What do I do?
AUTHOR: Roll [DLN-002]
DATE: August 22, 20XX
FORMAT: Rich Text + Attachments

Dear diary,

I met a guy while I was volunteering with one of the cleanup crews. At first I thought he was a total sleazeball, trying to come on to me. I still don't like being a celebrity because it means lots of people think they know me even though I've never met them. I didn't ask for this! It's all because of my brother. Anyway, this tall red and black robot I guess thought he was being really smooth trying to flirt with me. I smacked him with my broom!

He apologized.

He was volunteering there, too. Apparently he's got remote control magnet drones he can use to move around scrap metal. He didn't even know I was Rock's sister until I told him. He just thought I was cute. But he got all awkward when we started talking about Rock. Apparently he doesn't like how Mega Man operates. He's a nice enough guy and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him, but I don't know how well it's going to work out if he's going to get defensive around my brother. He thinks I shouldn't let it stop me and that I should make my own decisions... I guess he has a point there.

So I just have to figure out what I should do...

Love,
-Roll
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-24-2018, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote