View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
The halfling sat down on a rock that was jutting into the path, glad for the rest on her feet and wishing that she'd taken the first shift with the weights. She couldn't help but laught with Deadwaltz's impression, finding it all the more funny with the fact that it wasn't too much of an exaggeration in the barbarian's case. “I'm certain they could. I know Kastivi is more than capable, and my hopes are high for our young knight as well, but I fear they wouldn't be half as entertaining as you, Waltz,” Ara mused, pulling out a piece of bread looking stuff wrapped in a leaf. She broke it and handed over a part of it to Waltz, “It's pretty tasty, and we can do with the added strength it'll give us to have something in our bellies.”

Wisp's addition to their little chorus was a happy one, and Arabella didn't miss a beat as she proceeded to raise her voice with the two other women, repeating the last verse one last time:

Cattle die, kinsmen die.
You yourself will also die.
But the deeds about you will never die,
If you win a good reputation....

Saying when they finished, “And we will build that reputation with this mission with our success.” She gave a resolute nod. Kastivi didn't know the song, but it was beautiful nonetheless and she wished that more parties would sing more. Excepting herself of course. She was tone deaf and couldn't sing to save her life. But, she could whistle, and if it got too quiet she would do just that.

Percival returned that icy glare but was grateful when his master chased him away before he had a chance to retort. The entire argument felt childish and he wished the annoying apprentice knight would leave him alone. “If you were paying attention, you'd see that he started bothering me. I don't see that it's his business what I do so long as I'm successful when I do it. And I always am,” Percival retorted, half spitting the last words out. “So long as I am alive to heal your precious apprentice, I will,” he muttered handing over his flask, “Don't drink too much of it or you're going to have a very upset white mage. Peh. I don't see him bothering you about drink...”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 03-27-2018, 05:12 AM Reply With Quote