View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #49  
"Ah hope it was just people being dumb at the guildhall. I coulda killed trolls to help the people, you know? Not that ah don't think what you are doing isn't helpful, yes?" Deadwaltz said with a small shrug.

A rest was welcomed by just about everyone it seemed, and the moment Arabella called for one, Deadwaltz took to finding a tree she deemed somewhat safe, and dropped herself onto the cold ground with a small smile; the large woman pulling the two swords from her back and examining them; only to lick a finger and polish a smudge from the more decorated of the blades. She could overlook the rest of the party in this spot for herself, and if something did decide to show up and harm them? She could act first and start the hue and cry for battle. While she cleaned maintained her weapons, the woman sang to herself, rocking her head from side to side with her own little beat.

Who shall sing to me?
Into the Death-Sleep sling me?
When ah walk the Path of Death,
And the tracks ah tread are cold, so cold...

Christoval prayed to whatever deity decided to coerce the mentors into letting them rest, and the weights were waved away and handed to the halfling, Christoval sucking in an incredible amount of air when he could lower the two bags and take a moment to rest for himself, the young knight looking over towards Kastivi with a cherry-colored face and giving her a small thumbs-up. "I do it all for everyone here. I'd carry all of you, and all of your stuff if it meant we all came back safe." He gasped out, taking in a few more bits of air. Finally mustering up the energy to reply to Percival with a bit of a stern glare. "I don't ask for your soul, sir. I just want to make sure our healer's mind isn't foggy. I don't want you to have to live with the guilt of being the reason of us lies dead on the ground." his voice was blunt and irritated, and the young knight's fists clenched while he moved in to sniff the canteen. "Prove you're saving it then. Give the flask to me."

"Healing. I have tried several times to attempt to heal people. It does not work well with my line of magic. At least in the terms of comfort it is supposed to bring." Wisp replied with a shrug of her shoulders, before lifting up a bit of cloth covering her arm to reveal a small mess of scar tissue along her upper arm. "The Devils below view healing as a punishment. It it supposed to hurt because you failed to not get hit." She explained haphazardly, her eyes craning towards Christoval and Percival. Crossing her arms over her chest, Wisp multitasked the babysitting and conversing with Arabella. "...And if she gets tempted into joining my line of work?" Wisp asked, pursing her lips. "Hells below. She's too innocent for what the trade-offs are."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 03-23-2018, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote