View Single Post
Icy Footed
Lightbulb   #3  
~.................A Most Unusual Night.................~

In the darkness of the murky depths of Merskelly's home grotto of sea caves, the sound of quiet techno plays, while a slow blinking orange light glows in the shadowy water. She awakens, her yellow eye rolling into her other socket and looking at the source of the blinking light, coming from a machine with weird levers on it. She groans and slowly floats out of her tentacled bed and over to the machine, sleepily pulling a lever. The blinking light stops and she stretches with a long yawn, bubbles floating up from her skull.
“Mip..moop..hungry.” =m-
She very tiredly swims up to her grotto surface and climbs out of the deep water, and right into a small cave with the title ‘Kitchen’ scribbled on the wall. Walking over to her rotating fridge, dripping wet, she yawns again, rubbing her face. Merskelly had spent the previous night staying up well past midnight, trying to get her world detecting device working properly, because it had just kept detecting words. A proper fixing was needed and when she at last re-assembled it, she hadn’t the energy to test it out. She needed something to wake her up and start the day, so she could take a trip up to the surface to explore around, to see if perhaps there were magical, unknown, or parallel worlds besides the ones that resided in the woods of dimension...and furniture.
From the fridge she took out a frozen waffle and a bottle of water, and sat down in a lumpy space chair in the shape of a curved eggshell. She crunched the frozen waffle up and sipped some water, lounging and flipping on a mirror screen device on the cave wall.
“Wait a minute.” >.=; “What am I doing?” *scarfs down waffle and takes water bottle, leaping back into the water*
“Today is test day!” >w<
Merskelly quickly found her way to her wardrobe and slipped into her very freaky looking closet inside the mouth of a gigantic alien sea monster. She came back out dressed in her surface gear and headphones.
>:3 *poses in front of the nearby mirror* “I’m going to get some results today. I can feel it!”
She then readied a magical bag full of necessary supplies and snacks, taking her world finding device with her. After a quick double check she left her grotto and made her way from the freaky deep up to the shimmering surface.
“It’s a brand new day,” ;w; “and I’m actually awake to greet it!” With a splash, she lifts her arms up to her crazy homeworld above in joy. “Good morning w-!” O,O;;!
*freezes in shock and embarrassment* She is instead greeted by the three orbiting moons in the sky instead of the morning star. It’s quiet, and it’s most certainly not morning.
OnO “Oh...wow...I must’ve REALLY slept in. Oh well.” *shrug* :] “Imma test it anyway!”
Merskelly took out her device and pointed it above the water, swimming around as she followed it’s beeping detection pulses. Eventually, it began to beep faster in a direction that was closer to shore. She followed the device onto the beach until it wildly began to beep right beside a palm tree.
8] “Ah-ha! There’s something here.” >:]
She examines the tree and upon further inspection, and a bit of forceful uprooting, discovers there is a creepy, spiraling dimensional hole underneath it.
OnO ! “Amazing..~” *leans to look at it*
She takes something from her bag, an oven mitt and slips it onto her metal hand, slowly reaching down to place it into the strange portal. She waves her hand around and lifts it back out, examining it.
:[ “Hmm...seems okay.” <:[ …….*rolls eye into other socket* “Well, I guess I’ll see for myself.”

Merskelly takes a transport beacon from her bag and tosses it into the waves behind her, then puts another into the sandy shore, burying it. -.- She holds onto her bag and looks down at the portal, taking a deep breath before carefully entering, unsure of what she’ll encounter or who she’ll meet...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-04-2019, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote