View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Awww fun!
I don't have a coin purse. Mainly because ai seldom carry cash. Lol

Also started sewing a dragon plushie that I've had parts cut out for several months now. It's gonna be pretty bad tbh. Like the instructions I have weren't/aren't super clear for sewing the legs so I'm 90% sure I did something wrong and a few parts on the leg seams have already popped open so I'll have to mend them after I get it all together anyway.
Am stopping for today on it, but all I have left is to sew half of the belly and then sew and attach the head. And I might hand-sew the wings on later as I missed the step in the instructions where I'd add them. But I'm officially frustrated so it's time to stop sewing for the day.
XP

Also may have caved and bought a scalemaille pattern I've been wanting for a while. I had been reluctant to purchase it since it was $14...and yeah...kinda not worth the money imo. I mean, the end result is pretty and it did have a useful bit of info for assembling the fabric drape and what size scales it uses, but the actual scalemaille instructions are VERY confusing and not illustrated particularly well in the few photos for that section. Like, I get the way she's making/assembling it, but imo, it would be just as easy and less confusing to just include normal scalemaille assembly instructions.
Don't get me wrong, I think charging what they do can be justifiable as pattern creators can go through a lot of work and spend tons of time and money to make the project and then make a pattern or instructions for it. And the photos for the sewing/fabric drape part were wonderfully clear and that part makes sense. And the adding chains/decor part makes sense, but I think $14 can be a lot for instructions that aren't necessarily very clear for half of a project. Especially for anyone who isn't super experienced in making chain or scalemaille. But rant over. XD
Ordered some supplies for making the project as it takes meduim size scales, which I don't have. Kind of hoping they arrive so I can make it for Halloween, but also got an alternate scale color for use for a future costume in more icy colors.

Tldr; was kinda productive today. Just kinda.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-17-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old Posted 10-17-2021, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote