View Single Post
Dragon of Ice
Here's the deal as I see it: he is of age and made a comment that could be taken as a threat (be it terrorist or otherwise) when taken out of context. This is where it takes some actual time and attention to detail to actually check what was surrounding the comment itself and truly examining it.

That being said, while every citizen has the right to free speech, there are limitations to it. If you make such a comment, be prepared to come under scrutiny or flak for it....especially in today's day and age. I'm not saying what he said and the reaction was right or wrong; what I'm saying is that this whole situation could have been avoided given either A) common sense or care in a conversation (some jokes might offend others or come off wrong....just be careful what you say sometimes), or B) if the police and the individual in question had looked at the original context of the conversation and instead of arresting the individual, took them in for questioning at first along with the other person involved.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 06-27-2013, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote