Thread: Anka Egg
View Single Post
Developer
We don't have a double-posting rule. We have a triple-posting rule with exceptions. If the only thing blocking you from posting more often is the fact that you can't reply to your own thread, then there's something else wrong.

Mention notifications are on the "someday" list. It's harder than it sounds. Not impossible, but pretty significant.

Reactions like what they have on Spacebattles / Sufficient Velocity (or, i suppose, on Discord) are something I've been pondering over for a while. I definitely wouldn't restrict it to just a Like button; I'd want several different types of rating (informative, funny, etc.). But that means that you can respond to a thread just by clicking a button, and that doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. People who would have left a post about how much they like something might instead just leave a like.

Social media style profile feeds are even more counterproductive -- we already HAVE something just like that: hangout threads.

That said, the double-aurum events are a good idea and we have a mechanism to do that already. Worth thinking about.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-24-2019, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote