View Single Post
Icy Footed
Can I aaaaaaadd a #36?
:o
John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)?

I just really hated watching anything scary when I was young and I'm only barely warming up to the whole horror movie genre. <:]

I was never brave enough to watch anything, but the praise I heard for this classic horror sci-fi was enough to peak my curiosity and check it out despite my cowardly chicken nature.

I didn't regret it as it was the only film I had seen with such amazingly executed special effects and it more captures the paranoia of being among an imposter, like the sci-fi story it was based on, "Who Goes There?" by John W. Campbell Jr. (which I read after watching The Thing and absolutely enjoyed.)

Since sitting through The Thing, and some other horror movies I've been brave enough to watch so far, I'm now a little less afraid <:] and glad that I found something I could actually enjoy watching now. I still haven't seen a lot of zombie movies or some famous iconic horrors like Halloween, but if you're a big fraidy cat like I am, find what interests you enough that you can get past the scary stuff. (My first horror movie was "Alien VS Predator" because I liked space aliens and battles.)

I'd say, if you like pyrotechnics, paranoia, gore, and enjoy practical effects in movies, and haven't seen The Thing yet, give it a watch! :]

But if you're a bit squeamish with blood, like snow doggies too much to see anything bad happen to them, or can't stand movies without a clear resolution or definite ending, The Thing might not be for you. <:]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-11-2019, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote